A GPS running watch is equipped with the latest GPS technology that will allow you to monitor how far you are and what pace your are running at along with your global coordinates. The more advanced kinds of these watches have extra features such as heart rate monitor functions which will help you track your heart rate. Some of them also help you monitor the amount of calories you have burned in your running session.The GPS functionality of GPS running watch allows the watch to use satellite technology to track your pace along your running route. This tells you when you need to speed up and also if you need to slow down.
Most GPS watches also offer a variety of other useful features including downloadable training programmes and in-built maps, all of which can seriously enhance your enjoyment of the sport of running.Another great thing about GPS running watch is that they can help to pace you when you are attempting to achieve a goal time in race. Some watches have a finishing time predictor that is based on the race distance, the distance you have to go and your current running pace, others allow you to set up a pace zone alert, that notifies you when your pace is too fast or too slow. With GPS watches for runners, using a pace zone alert you are immediately aware if you have dropped off your target pace.
Another handy feature that GPS running watch is the ability to record their courses in memory. Most GPS running watches provide you with the ability to transfer your training data to computer, so as to allow you to view your course on a mapping software package such as Google Earth. Other GPS watches have navigation features that allow you to mark waypoints at a particular location. There are also watch models like the Garmin Forerunner 305 that feature a large display screen and can allow you to view your current position on a map.
What is the best gps running watch?
The best known manufacturers of GPS running watch are Garmin and Timex. Garmin has a good range of running watches called Forerunners and there is bound to be one that suits your requirements, but for the best features and the most advanced GPS capability,
- Garmin FR70 : The menus are very user friendly and the display is large and easy to read.
- MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player : And, as a music player, it works better than my dedicated CreativeLabs MP3 player, so the motoactv has taken over the job of broadcasting music through bluetooth.
- Garmin Forerunner 205 : It keeps track of speed, distance, pace, and calories burned.
- Garmin Forerunner 405 : The touch sensitive bezel is the downfall of this watch. it completely stops functioning when the slights bit damp/wet – like at the end of any workout.
- Garmin Forerunner 305 : I would highly recommend this as a great workout tool.
- Garmin Forerunner 210 : Garmin has really improved their GPS enabled sports watches, comparing the 210 to the older models
- Garmin Forerunner 310XT : It was very easy to set up and easy to use.
- Garmin Forerunner 910XT : Overall great looking and functioning GPS watch, I would definitely recommend….and lets not forget about the swim feature…AWESOME!!! ”
- Garmin Forerunner 610 : The GPS watch itself is pretty nice with lots of features and if it wasn’t for this problem probably would have gotten a really good review.
- Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player : Must have for any runner
- garmin forerunner 10 : If you are looking for a basic GPS watch that tracks how far and how fast, this is a great choice!
- Garmin Forerunner 110 : I highly recommend this watch – whether you are a serious runner or just run for fun.
- Nike+ Gps : It’s comfortable to wear and fits my small wrist nicely.
- Garmin Forerunner 410 : I would highly recommend it for any serious runner.
- Garmin Forerunner 405CX : The HRM function works great- no issues and the GPS feature works really well too.
Where to Find GPS Running Watch Online
There are a variety of wonderful online stores that are now selling these. You can often find them on Amazon.com, which is a website that is well known and reputable. Various sports stores, such as Revel Sports, offer GPS watches for sale on the web. So, if you are considering making your first purchase on the web, there are many reputable sites where you can find excellent watches for purchase.